Hello and thank you for giving me your time.
Who am I?
- My name is Guillaume, I am a young student of 21 years old.
- I am passionate about Information Security, I have devoted 3/4 of my time to it for 2 years.
- I created a Twitter account: @SecurityGuill (twitter.com/SecurityGuill), on which I publish infographics, videos, advice, related to the security of information systems, to share for free my knowledge.
Why did I create this?
- As I said in the first paragraph, I share my knowledge for free by trying to help as many people as possible. I have never done this in order to earn money, and it's been two years now that I spend between 10 and 20 hours a week to link up infographics, videos, answer questions ...
- Of course, and I like it, I do it out of passion, and my services will never be paid.
- I created this kitty because I have several projects that I would like to realize, but being still a student, I don't have the means to do everything.
- This pot, aims to help me in my projects, for which even $1 (or sharing, for those who cannot afford it) would be very useful.
What will I use the money for?
1 - Buy books to strengthen my knowledge (as you know the world of security evolves every day, I ask only to learn new things.).
2 - Participate in IT security events (The main goal of my project is to participate in the world famous events such as DEF CON, BLACKHAT, RSA Conferences, as well as other events as interesting as each other.). Again, it takes a certain budget to realize this dream, the prices of plane tickets, the price of tickets for conferences is often very high and it is not in my student budget.
3 - Pass training and certifications. Certain certifications interest me enormously such as OSCP, Security +, ISO27001 Lead Auditor, CISA, CISM ... but the price of these training courses and certifications are very high.
4 - Invest in materials to give free online lessons.
Thank you in advance for your help, as I said before, a simple $ or a share for people who do not have the means, will be very useful for me to realize my projects.
Feel free to contact me for more information !
Thank you very much (and sorry if my english is not very good...)