👋 Hi there,
If you're stopping by our page, that probably means our cartoon has caught your attention, right?
So, did you get it?
Before putting this admittedly odd cartoon into context, let's take a step back.
Though we’re living in one of the most visual eras of our existence, political cartoons seem to have gone out of fashion somewhat.
Could that be because:
- People are paying less attention to the press?
- Perhaps it's because cartoonists have faced backlash, threats and restrictions on their free speech?
- Or maybe satirists are now walking on eggshells due to the growing culture of online shaming?
Here at The Brazilian Report, we want to keep laughing and keep provoking reactions from people. Our media outlet is 100% independent and we want to keep expressing our ideas through our pencils! And we want to keep commissioning our cartoonist to give us a cutting twist on the news of today, even in these difficult times.
Still trying to work out why our caricature is filling his underwear with banknotes? Bear with us a little longer!
👋 If you believe in the power of satire, there are two ways you can contribute:
You can either subscribe to The Brazilian Report, or help us refill our hot coffee mugs from time to time. (Or, of course, you could do both!)
Our team is small, but we work extremely hard to give our readers the most comprehensive view of Brazil in English. Your contribution, however big or small, will help to make Brazil stand out on the world stage.
Why you should contribute:
- Stay in the loop on a wide range of issues concerning Brazil
- Give Brazil a stronger voice in the news landscape
- Maintain freedom of expression in Brazil
And now, here's the story behind our bathroom ATM!
The Brazilian Report is an independent English-written media outlet uniquely positioned to offer an insider’s view on current affairs in Brazil.
Thank you for your support!
Excellent source of news.
Thank you for a great year of reporting and analysis... Stefano