Join us in real life in the woods of Holt (in Norfolk, UK) for this 2.5 hour workshop on Saturday 18th February 2023, 10am-12.30pm.
No leaves? No problem! Join us to explore a range of common tree species through hands-on sensory activities and discover their stories, folklore and magic.
Date: Saturday 18th February 2023
Location: Wild by Nature, Holt Country Park Norfolk, UK
Time: 10.00am – 12.30pm
Who is the workshop for:
Anyone wanting to deepen their connection to trees and grow their identification skills to recognise species even when the leaves have fallen! Ideal as Continued Professional Development for Forest School practitioners and outdoor educators.
What we will cover:
This half-day woodland workshop will explore ways to recognise different species of trees in winter. We will be focusing on mainly UK native broadleaved species. The morning will be hands on and designed to promote sensory exploration.
The workshop will include:
• It’s not just a stick! – get up close and personal with twigs to explore their features.
• Talk the lingo – introduction to botanical terms
• That’s amazing! - Story’s, facts and folklore about the species.
• Tree treasure hunt – can you put your skills to the test to match the identification features to a tree.
• A tree-mendous twig compendium – to take home as an aide memoir
• Ways to deepen your connection to trees.