My current projects:
• Freelance journalist, ghost writer and public relations specialist, especially in equine sports and the culture/history of horses;
• Publisher of HoofSearch, the monthly index of peer-reviewed equine lameness and hoof science research;
• Writer and publisher of Fran Jurga's "Hoof Blog", the international news center for professional hoofcare information;
• Dedicated advocate for continuing professional education for veterinarians and farriers, equine welfare, and an end to laminitis in horses;
• Ongoing graduate student in information management ("library science"), digital stewardship, and equine history.
(What do you take in your coffee? Milk and sugar for me.)
What do you take in your coffee?
When I rewind so many scenes from my life, I often seem to be drinking coffee with friends, with horses somewhere in the background, as another great story is about to take shape. Maybe I'm taking notes on a diner placemat, or the back of a horse show program.
The pandemic is over, I keep telling myself. It's time for me to get back to writing stories for and about you. And as long as you'll keep doing the things I need to write about, and taking great pictures, and meeting me for coffee when I get to your town, the stories will keep coming.
Any support you can offer here will help keep the lights and wifi on, the office rent paid, gas in the tank, and the computers humming.
Thank you, friends.