The 63 skies project is going well! I'm still not sure what to name it, but I've landed on how the paintings will look and feel. Here's how it's going:

This morning I repainted 3 of the first 4 paintings I'd made because they didn't feel right. The last one to re-paint is on the lower right. You can see the initial stages of the work in this piece.

For those of you who are curious, here's what the group of paintings looked like before I re-worked the first four:

I ended up painting them again because I found them over-worked and heavy feeling. Because there will be so many of these extending 19 feet up and 17 feet out, I think they'd feel oppressive on that scale, so instead I opted for a more loose and airy approach.