Oct 13, 2021
3 mins read
The 100-minute ride is almost here! I want to make sure that you are prepared whether you are stopping by for a quick 20 minutes or want to stay for the whole ride! In case you haven’t heard, we are celebrating this amazing butt-kicker community with a celebration ride! This ride will be filled with fun, laughs, sweat, and giveaways! 🤩 I would love for you to join us as we celebrate!
Below you will find out what you can expect with this ride!
What to expect:
- The ride will be broken up into 3 shorter rides. The intensity will not be as high as some of our other rides! This is a marathon, not a sprint! 😬 We will be focused more on endurance than high-intensity training.
- A 20-minute beginner ride to start us off and after that, we will have a recovery song.
- Next, we will transition into a longer intermediate ride, this will include a warmup and a cool down/ recovery song in case you want to begin and end here.
- Finally, we will finish up with a more advanced ride, again complete with a warm-up and cool down!
- As with all the live rides, this ride is going to be filled with FUN! We will chat, celebrate, and of course get an awesome workout!
Tips before, during, and after:
- Before the ride, make sure you have enough fuel in the tank! A light, but nutritious snack roughly 1 hour prior will provide your body with the energy it needs to complete the ride! If you're planning a meal give your body about 3-4 hours to digest before the ride should be sufficient. No one wants a tummy ache! Also, make sure you are hydrated! This goes for the days leading up to the ride as well!
- Snack ideas are, toast with nut butter, a piece of fruit, a small bowl of oatmeal, or a healthy granola bar are some options. Keeping it below 300 calories is optimal to prevent your body from taking energy away from the ride and switched to your digestion!
- During the ride, make sure you have water available and consume as needed. If you do find you need a bit of an energy boost, simple and easy-to-digest carbs are the best! Examples would be a banana or an energy gel pack.
- By the end of the ride, your body worked very hard and deserves a well-balanced and nutritious meal to refuel and help with recovery! Carbs and protein are both extremely important to recoup muscular breakdown! Re-hydration is also key!
- Afterwards consuming carbs will be best! Your body’s muscle glycogen stores have been depleted and consuming easy-to-digest carbs is crucial! The foods I mentioned prior to the ride still stand as awesome options after! As for protein, high-quality protein options would be lean meats, fish, eggs, yogurt, tofu, or even a protein shake.
Lastly, the most important thing for this ride is to listen to your body. If you don’t make it through the entire 100 minutes, this ride will be available for you after the live session, so you can also work up to the longer duration if that is your goal. The purpose of this ride is to celebrate each and every one of you that make up this amazing butt-kicking community! 🎉 As always, this is your ride, and make it just that! 💜
I can’t wait to celebrate with you! You can find the link to the ride here and your local time will be indicated, you can also set a reminder so you won’t miss it! 🗓