Buy Me a Coffee is a platform for creators to accept support from their audience and share exclusive content. At Buy Me a Coffee, your privacy is important to us, and we want you to feel confident that your personal information is secure when using our products and our platform.
The services are provided by Publisherr Inc (parent company and hereinafter referred to as “Buy Me a Coffee”), a Delaware company with registered address at 2035 Sunset Lake Road, Suite B-2 Newark, DE 19702, USA. It is Buy Me a Coffee’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Like most website operators, Buy Me a Coffee collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Buy Me a Coffee's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Buy Me a Coffee's visitors use its website. From time to time, Buy Me a Coffee may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Buy Me a Coffee also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users making payments on BuyMeACoffee.com. Buy Me a Coffee only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that payee IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of Buy Me a Coffee and is handled by payment processors at the time of processing the payments.
To make a payment to a creator on Buy Me a Coffee, you have to provide our payment processor (Stripe) with your payment information. They provide us with a token that represents your account, your card’s expiration date, card type and the last four digits of your credit card. If you provide them with a name and email address then they also provide us with that information.
We collect and process information about the creators you support, the level at which you support them, what rewards you receive and how often you support them.
Certain visitors to Buy Me a Coffee's websites choose to interact with Buy Me a Coffee in ways that require Buy Me a Coffee to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Buy Me a Coffee gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at BuyMeACoffee.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Buy Me a Coffee are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Buy Me a Coffee collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Buy Me a Coffee. Buy Me a Coffee does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
You can request to delete your personal data by emailing us at [email protected].
Buy Me a Coffee may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Buy Me a Coffee may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Buy Me a Coffee does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Buy Me a Coffee discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Buy Me a Coffee's behalf or to provide services available at Buy Me a Coffee's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Buy Me a Coffee's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Buy Me a Coffee will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Buy Me a Coffee discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Buy Me a Coffee believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Buy Me a Coffee, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Buy Me a Coffee website and have supplied your email address, Buy Me a Coffee may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Buy Me a Coffee and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Buy Me a Coffee takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
You may stop using our Service, by contacting Buy Me a Coffee at [email protected], and requesting account deletion. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. (For instance, if you’ve launched a page, deleting your account will not automatically remove the page from the Site.) If you have signed up for a membership, you can find information about your cancellation rights on our site. You will need to cancel your subscription in accordance with these cancellation rights to stop your recurring payments for the relevant subscription. Merely deleting your account without canceling your subscription will not stop these payments.
You can request to delete your personal data by emailing us at [email protected].
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor's computer, and that the visitor's browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. For more information, visit All About Cookies.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Used to provide Users with the Services available through our Site and to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access to secure areas. These cookies are served by Anchor and are essential for using and navigating the Site. Without these cookies, basic functions of our Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and the Services, you cannot refuse them.
- Analytics/Performance: Used to better understand the behavior of the Users on our Site and improve our Site accordingly, for example by making sure Users are finding what they need easily. The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). The information collected by Google (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States (Google is certified to the Privacy Shield for data transfers). How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years. You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our Site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. For more information on Google Analytics privacy practices, read here.
If Buy Me a Coffee, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Buy Me a Coffee goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Buy Me a Coffee may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We want Buy Me a Coffee to be a safe venue for a diverse range of creators and their communities. Please respect the people and communities that are building with you on Buy Me a Coffee. If you find any creators breaking our permitted content guidelines, you can report them to us. Alternatively, you can block them permanently, and we’ll no longer show you their profile or content posted by them.
These guidelines have been created by the community after a lot of careful thought, with lots of help from experts and creators like you. We think they’ll help you build a safe environment to help you continue to create and share your work with them.
- Harassment : We prohibit users from posting content that harasses other people or businesses or encourages other people to participate in harassment. This includes content that contains direct or indirect threats of physical harm against individuals or groups.
- Hate speech : We believe that all people—regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, caste, or any other protected status—have a right to access information and participate in its exchange without being subjected to hate speech. Do not post or share content that promotes violence, hate speech, or dehumanization toward any individual or group.
- Personal information : We don’t allow content that contains private or confidential information such as credit card details, medical records, or government-issued identification. This includes yours or someone else’s.
- Impersonation : Don’t use Buy Me a Coffee to impersonate any person, group, or organization. Please do not impersonate others or post content pretending to be a verified authoritative source.
- Misinformation : Harmful content that contains deceptive or misleading health or medical information. Harmful content of civic processes that have been manipulated to deceive users. Newsworthy events or civil discourse have been manipulated to deceive users.
- Sexually explicit content : We don't allow sexually explicit content on Buy Me a Coffee. We want everyone on our platform to feel safe and comfortable so they can share their work.
This includes :
- Pornography or the depiction of sexual acts, genitals, or fetishes intended to be sexually gratifying.
- Content that includes nude genitalia.
- Content that glorifies or promotes bestiality.
- Content that glorifies or promotes sexually explicit content or behavior.
- Regulated, dangerous, & Illegal :
This includes :
- Dangerous content that promotes dangerous activities that could result in serious physical harm to the person committing the act, those around them, or animals.
- Illegal content on dangerous or illegal acts such as rape, organ sale, human trafficking, or images or any other content that infringes on anyone else’s legal rights, including copyright. For more information or to file a DMCA request, review our copyright procedures or content produced by or on behalf of terrorist groups.
- Child safety content that depicts the nudity of apparent minors.
- Terrorist content that incites violence promotes terrorist acts or celebrates terrorist attacks.
Buy Me a Coffee is based in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Data will be transmitted to our servers in the United States and the data may be transmitted to our service providers supporting our business operations (described above). The United States may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EU we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection where it is processed and your rights continue to be protected (GDPR).
You may contact us as follows: You may send an email to [email protected], or send mail to:
2261 Market Street
#4610, San Francisco
CA 94114, USA