Sep 20, 2021
This is one of those dishes that just warm your whole soul, comfort food at its best. Now it's not the same if you don't use fresh peas but believe me, it's definitely worth the extra effort.
1 kg of beef (preferably the shank)
1 kg of artichokes
4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 onion
1/2 teaspoon of oil
a little saffron coloring
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 tomato, peeled and diced
juice of half a lemon
200 g peeled peas
salt and pepper
1. Brown the meat in a pot with the oil, onion, salt, garlic and pieces of tomato.
2. As soon as the onion is sweaty, add the spices then stir until the mixture turns a golden color.
3. Add water until all ingredients are covered.
4. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
5. Add the peas and cook, covered, for 10 minutes more. Add water if necessary.
6. Remove the leaves from the artichokes, remove the hay and keep the core in lemon water. Then place them in the pot and add the lemon juice and simmer for about 10 more minutes.
Serve the artichoke and peas tagine hot with the sauce and some Moroccan bread, enjoy !