Jul 26, 2022
1 mins read
https://github.com/roalyr/GDTLancer - source code and assets are available on Github.
https://github.com/roalyr/GDTLancer/releases - latest releases (Windows, Linux, Android).
https://twitter.com/GDT_Lancer - Twitter account.
A space game inspired by Freelancer, Orbiter and EVE Online. Developed in Godot 3 for desktop (Windows, Linux) and mobile (Android) platforms.
Since v0.9-alpha (current)
- CCD is disabled upon reaching specific velocity threshold.
- Tweaked autopilot to perform some rotation (approach is slightly spiraled).
- Introduced star system coordinates databank for main galaxy (50k stars for now).
- Split targeting into "selection" and "autopilot" controls for clarity.
- Upon picking a stellar coordinate - spawn a system scene there (currently only a star).
- Keep a track of recently visited star systems and do not despawn them if their number is within limit.
- Proper spawner / despawner of stellar systems upon selecting them in order to create seamless travel.
- Moved galaxy mesh into decoration background (scoping the space down for gameplay sake).
- Temporarily disabled procedural coords.
- Tweaked systems.
- Tweaked velocity, damping is implemented in the game (due to recent engine changes).
- Removed textures and uneeded sources.