Good Morning, Hams
While the EmComm Tools project is not going to change much in terms of features for the beta, I found that I need to hit the reset button and refactor the UI (user interface) implementation. As I've stated in the past, I am not a front-end web developer and cobbled together the current user interface using circa 2006 technology (jQuery). While this worked well enough for the simple prototype, it's something that is not maintainable and does not align with current industry trends.
Outside of the user interface pivot, I realized that other aspects of the project require attention for it to be a success. Here's the short list of other items that I need to carve out time to make a beta release a success:
Master modern web development
Refactor user interface to React
Modularize application to support extensions
Integrate with Build-a-Pi
Develop API and user documentation (text and video)
Create Google I/O group / online community forum
The prototype was great to prove the concept of a unified, simple-to-use, multi-function communications hub for the amateur radio community, but it also gave the impression that the project is further along than it really is. For this, I apologize.
I hope the community will stick around and patiently wait for an EmComm Tools release. I have no timeline as of yet, but will try to post updates as I tackle important milestones.
Thanks and 73,
"Be strong, be safe and be prepared" -- The Tech Prepper KT1RUN